I used it as a base for Creamy BBQ Shrimp, but you could also use it with Turkey and Mushroom Stroganoff, Sage and Onion Pork, Lemon Buttered Shrimp, or any number of other SANE and saucy things. I also used cabbage instead of pasta in my Chicken and Cabbage Carbonara, and that was all kinds of successful.
I am very aware of the fact that this is possibly the most boring image of cabbage that the interwebs have ever witnessed. Hand on heart I was tired after a work week that felt like it lasted 17 days, and by the time I got to shoot the cabbage my creativity (and patience) had run for the exit. Must. Try. Harder.
This is super simple yummy cabbage. I have nothing more to say.
- 8 fl. oz. / 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 lb. / 670g shredded white cabbage
- In a large pan, bring the chicken stock to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, add the cabbage and cover.
- Cook for 12 – 15 minutes until the cabbage is just tender.
- Drain the cabbage (reserve the stock for future use) and serve.