Yogi Parker – KETO Trucker Extraordinaire – who I had the absolute pleasure of having dinner with while he was delivering a huge old truck load of goodies to Connecticut in the Fall of 2018 – has so much cooking-in-a-truck goodness to share that we’ve teamed up to bring his recipes right to your device of choice!
Whether you’re living in a truck, a tiny home, or a regular house, you can benefit from these amazing, innovative recipes! Yogi’s pictures are proof that all of this gourmet goodness happened IN A TRUCK!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 5 lb chicken thighs – skin on
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 1 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped celery stalk
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 cup chopped onion
- Juice from one large lemon
- 3 TBSP of chopped fresh garlic
- 2 TBSP of ghee or butter
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp of konjac flour / glucomannan powder
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Dried sage
- Dried thyme
WHAT YOU DO
- Lay out chicken thighs and pat the surface of chicken dry.
- Season skin side liberally with salt, pepper, dried thyme and sage.
- Set skillet at 400 degrees, add ghee (or butter). Allow the oil to get hot and arrange the chicken skin side down and season the other side.
- Cook until skin is golden brown, flip over and cook until that side is golden.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Reduce heat to 250 degrees, add sausage turn it into crumbles and cook until browned, remove and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic and celery, and mushrooms.
- Sauté until onions just start to turn translucent.
- Add bone broth and lemon to deglaze pan, then add the konjac flour and stir to incorporate.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally for about five minutes, and then add cream and stir to incorporate.
- Return sausage and chicken to the skillet.
- Add parsley, cover and simmer for about twenty minutes.
- Remove lid and continue to simmer for about ten minutes to allow sauce to thicken.
Goes great with creamy mashed cauliflower, cooked greens, roasted seasoned veggies.