10-4 Good Buddy!
Yogi Parker – KETO Trucker Extraordinaire – who I had the absolute pleasure of having dinner with while he was delivering a huge old truck load of goodies to Connecticut in September 2018 – has so much cooking-in-a-truck goodness to share that we’ve teamed up to bring his recipes right to your device of choice!
Whether you’re living in a truck, a tiny home, or a regular house, you can benefit from these amazing, innovative recipes! I’ll format and pretty them up later, but for now just wanted to start getting them to you.
Now Yogi was all worried about his photos – and wondered if I would remake the dishes and shoot them all fancy. Oh heck no! Yogi’s pictures are proof that all of this gourmet goodness happened IN A TRUCK!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 5 lb chicken thighs – skin on
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 1 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped celery stalk
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 cup chopped onion
- Juice from one large lemon
- 3 TBSP of chopped fresh garlic
- 2 TBSP of ghee or butter
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp of konjac flour / glucomannan powder
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Dried sage
- Dried thyme
WHAT YOU DO
- Lay out chicken thighs and pat the surface of chicken dry.
- Season skin side liberally with salt, pepper, dried thyme and sage.
- Set skillet at 400 degrees, add ghee (or butter). Allow the oil to get hot and arrange the chicken skin side down and season the other side.
- Cook until skin is golden brown, flip over and cook until that side is golden.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Reduce heat to 250 degrees, add sausage turn it into crumbles and cook until browned, remove and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic and celery, and mushrooms.
- Sauté until onions just start to turn translucent.
- Add bone broth and lemon to deglaze pan, then add the konjac flour and stir to incorporate.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally for about five minutes, and then add cream and stir to incorporate.
- Return sausage and chicken to the skillet.
- Add parsley, cover and simmer for about twenty minutes.
- Remove lid and continue to simmer for about ten minutes to allow sauce to thicken.
Goes great with creamy mashed cauliflower, cooked greens, roasted seasoned veggies.