Yogi Parker – KETO Trucker Extraordinaire – who I had the absolute pleasure of having dinner with while he was delivering a huge old truck load of goodies to Connecticut in the Fall of 2018 – has so much cooking-in-a-truck goodness to share that we’ve teamed up to bring his recipes right to your device of choice!
Whether you’re living in a truck, a tiny home, or a regular house, you can benefit from these amazing, innovative recipes! Yogi’s pictures are proof that all of this gourmet goodness happened IN A TRUCK!
WHAT YOU NEED
- I lb fresh tomatillos (washed and quartered)
- 1 lb chorizo sliced into bite sized pieces (the kind that is in natural casing and has the consistency of salami)
- 1 lb pork cubed (shoulder or butt)
- 1/2 lb avocado peeled and pitted
- 1/2 lb of chopped celery
- I/4 lb chopped white onion
- 1 bulb of garlic, rough chopped
- 1/4 lb Anaheim Chiles (seeded and chopped)
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/8 cup of lime juice
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 bay leaves
- Two TBSP of whole coriander
- 1 TBSP of ground mustard
- 1 TBSP konjac flour / glucomannan powder
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
WHAT YOU DO
- Set Instant Pot on sauté mode, and lightly brown pork and chorizo but do not cook thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Put butter in pot, add a couple tablespoons of lime juice and de-glaze.
- Add garlic, onion, pepper and celery and sauté until slightly translucent.
- Add tomatillos, coriander, oregano, mustard powder salt, pepper.
- Sprinkle in konjac flour while stirring mixture.
- Add in bone broth.
- Put lid on Instant Pot and set meat/stew mode for twenty minutes.
- Add in avocado, remaining lime juice.
- Use stick blender and purée until smooth, then add meat, bay leaf, cilantro, and set on slow cook for four hours.
Serve with Mexican crema or sour cream swirled in, some grated Cotija and or queso fresco cheese grated on top. You can garnish with fresh cilantro, green onion, add a fried or hard boiled egg on top. Some pork rinds can be used like crackers for some crunch.