Yogi Parker – KETO Trucker Extraordinaire – who I had the absolute pleasure of having dinner with while he was delivering a huge old truck load of goodies to Connecticut in the Fall of 2018 – has so much cooking-in-a-truck goodness to share that we’ve teamed up to bring his recipes right to your device of choice!
Whether you’re living in a truck, a tiny home, or a regular house, you can benefit from these amazing, innovative recipes! Yogi’s pictures are proof that all of this gourmet goodness happened IN A TRUCK!
This is something I do to streamline my morning NDK* Fatty Joe making process. Great to travel with as long as it doesn’t get too hot. If it does get hot, just shake up the mixture and poor the amount you want to make your fatty Joe.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 packs of Kerrygold butter or equivalent
- 16 oz jar of virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup of Lakanto gold or equivalent sweetener (can be adjusted to fit your taste)
- ¼ cup of avocado oil
- 1 ½ bar of 100% chocolate
- 17 oz creamed coconut
- 2 tablespoons of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of good quality salt
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Dash off fresh ground pepper
Optional: I like to increase my mineral intake and enjoy a bit of a saltier flavor so I might add in some No Salt or New Salt for potassium and some magnesium powder, but be very sparing with the magnesium powder. You can also substitute or add seasonings such as cardamon, vanilla bean powder, allspice, Asian five spice, dried orange peel or pumpkin pie spice. You may add collagen or bone broth protein powder if you like. For a white chocolate style, use cocoa butter instead of chocolate, and add vanilla bean powder.
WHAT YOU DO
- Throw everybody into a double boiler, melt and stir to incorporate very well.
- Pour into mason jars or other containers that are large enough to accommodate your stick blender.
- Leave about a three to four inch or so space from the top so that you won’t make a big mess when using blender (something like a Nutra Bullet may work with this as well, but I haven’t tried it.).
- Place jars in fridge uncovered to cool for about 1/2 hour.
- Bring back out and use stick blender to incorporate and whip up mixture, cover and return to fridge to fully set up.
After it sets it will be shelf stable in cool temps, although if it gets hot in your house or truck as it may be, you may want to keep in the fridge so it does not melt.
When having coffee, use a small disher, or spoon to ad a few scoops to your brew, blend and enjoy.
* NDK stands for Nutritionally Dense Keto as coined by Kevin Rutherford from Lets Truck / Destination Health