My wildly popular Sausage Pecan Stuffing (Keto for the Holidays Cookbook) is a fantastic option for a keto stuffing that I have on good authority tastes just like Stovetop. But if you’ve a hankering for a stuffing that has bread and a crispy top this Cranberry Walnut Stuffing is the one for you.
It’s protein-heavy and tastes like the holidays, with a soft inside and crunchy top, and since there are cranberries baked right in you can even sidestep making Cranberry Sauce if you want!
Thinking about it, if stuffing is your favorite part of the holidays then you use ground turkey instead of chicken, make some Holiday Gravy and you have your whole meal in one dish!
This Cranberry Walnut Stuffing is a simple recipe which is mostly assembly followed by your oven performing the final magic. You can make it ahead of time, you can freeze it, and it reheats beautifully. So if you don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen, make this a few days – or a week – before and get to enjoy more time with friends and family.
You can also use this to stuff your turkey if that’s how you roll. Make it ahead of time and keep in an airtight container the fridge. Bring to room temperature and stuff your turkey right before you start roasting.
Whichever way you like serve your stuffing, this Cranberry Walnut Stuffing is one you’re going to want to make again and again.
Cranberry Walnut Stuffing
Author: Carrie Brown | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 1 hour 10 mins | Total time: 1 hour 20 mins | Serves: 8 – 12
What You Need
- 1 lb / 450g ground chicken
- 2 TBSP avocado oil
- 5 oz. / 140g onion, diced
- 5 oz. / 140g celery, finely chopped
- 1 bag Fox Hill Kitchens Croutonz (use code: thanks5 for an additional 5% discount off!)
- 1 ½ TBSP dried thyme
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 6 oz. / 170g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 4 oz. / 110g roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. sea salt (For the best salt and a 15% discount use code: carriebrown)
- 2 cups / 1 pint chicken stock
- 3 eggs
What You Do
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- In a large skillet cook ground chicken over medium heat until browned, breaking up meat as it cooks. Once browned set aside in the skillet.
- In another skillet heat avocado oil over medium heat, add diced onion and finely chopped celery and sauté until translucent and just starting to brown.
- Meanwhile add the croutonz, dried thyme, lemon zest, cranberries, chopped walnuts, and sea salt to the browned ground chicken and stir until completely mixed.
- In a jug whisk the chicken stock and eggs together very well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet with the chicken and stir until everything is coated in liquid.
- Add the sautéed veggies to the stuffing and mix well.
- Leave stuffing to stand for 15 minutes.
- Brush the insides of a casserole dish with avocado oil or butter and pour the stuffing into it.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 50 minutes until the top is nicely browned and the croutonz crispy.
Top Recipe Tips
- Use a larger, shallower dish if you want a lot of crispy topping or a smaller, taller dish if you want less crispy topping.
- You can also use another keto bread, just cut it into cubes before adding to the stuffing.
Helpful Cooking and Recipe Links
Podcast Episodes and YouTube Videos
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! YOU MAKE ALL THINGS POSSIBLE.
There *may* be an affiliate link or two in this post and I *may* receive a small commission from qualifying purchases in order to provide free content for you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.