I love lasagna. You do too. We especially love those noodles. We just don’t want to eat them anymore. They make us feel bloated, they make us grow fat, and they just generally clog up the works.
So, because I love to make your journey to health easier, and your mouths happy en route, here’s a fantastic KETO / LCHF / LowCarb version for you.
You’ll feel normal! You’ll feel healthy! You won’t gain fat! You’ll feel awesome!
And, your mouth will thank you forever.
Author: Carrie Brown | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 40 mins | Total time: 50 mins | Serves: 8
What You Need
- 2 TBSP coconut oil or avocado oil
- 2 medium eggplants (aubergines), peeled and sliced lengthwise into twelve 1/2” thick slices
- Ground black pepper
- 2 lb / 900g ground beef
- 1 x 18 fl oz. (large) jar tomato basil sauce (no sugar added)
- 1 tsp konjac flour / glucomannan powder
- 1 lb / 450g cottage cheese
- 12 oz / 335g shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup Parmesan, finely grated
What You Do
- Brush eggplant slices with melted coconut oil, sprinkle with pepper and place on baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400F, turning over after 10 minutes.
- Brown the beef, add tomato basil sauce and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- While stirring rapidly, sprinkle konjac flour / glucomannan powder over the sauce. Stir well until sauce has thickened.
- Spread ½ cup meat sauce on bottom of oven proof lasagna dish.
- Place 6 slices of eggplant to cover bottom of dish.
- Spread ½ of the meat sauce over the eggplant.
- Spread ½ of the cottage cheese over the meat.
- Spread ½ of the mozzarella over the cottage cheese.
- Place 6 slices of eggplant to cover cheese layer.
- Spread remaining meat sauce over the eggplant.
- Spread remaining cottage cheese over the meat.
- Spread remaining mozzarella over the cottage cheese.
- Evenly sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes, until top is golden and bubbling.
Top Recipe Tips
- You can turn the fat content up or down by choosing the ground beef and cottage cheese that best suits your needs. Use 80/20 ground beef and full-fat cottage cheese for most fat, and 95/5 ground beef and fat-free cottage cheese for least fat (or any combination thereof).
- Use a regular vegetable peeler to easily peel your eggplant (aubergine).
- Check out the Ingredients Guide for information on ingredients.
- Where Are The Macros and Nutritional Info?
Helpful Cooking and Recipe Links
- Come laugh and learn with us over at The Kitchen Podcast
- Come hang out in The Keto Kitchen Facebook Group
- For lots more great recipes check out our scrumptious cookbooks!