I realize that the holidays are over, and it would have been much better all round if I had posted this party-in-a-muffin-cup recipe a month ago, but you know what they say – better late than never. And just think – now everyone around you is swilling down Slimfast and choking back fat-free 100-calorie snack packs while you get to eat party food. Every. Single. Day. HURRAH!
The original *SANE Quiche Cups were a huge hit, so it seemed only right to expand the repertoire of this perfect lunch and snack food. The inaugural version was required to include two of my favorite veggies – leeks and mushrooms – but once I’d got that out of my system I was free to branch out into the vegetable kingdom with abandon. I also changed the base up to include more protein in the form of Greek yogurt.
Eat them on their own. Eat them alongside a big, fat salad. Eat them with a veggie stir-fry. Eat them hot straight out of the oven, or cold the next day. Make a big batch on Sunday and have them ready to go in the ‘fridge for the week. Eat them as a snack when you get the munchies. Eat them hot for breakfast with some bacon.
Just eat them. You’ll love ’em.
- 3 oz / 85g red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 oz / 110g broccoli, finely chopped
- 2 oz / 55g sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 11 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% greek yogurt (Non-fat yogurt will not work!!)
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- sea salt and pepper
- Place 12 silicone cups in a muffin pan.
- In a bowl, mix red pepper, broccoli and cheese well.
- Divide vegetable and cheese mix evenly between the 12 silicone cups.
- Place eggs, parsley, pepper and Greek yogurt in a bowl and whisk well.
- Pour egg mixture into a jug and carefully fill each silicone cup almost full.
- Carefully place muffin pan into the center of the oven, pre-heated to 375 degrees F.
- Bake 30 minutes until risen, puffy and golden brown. They will rise well above the cups. They are ready when a skewer comes out cleanly.
- Remove from oven and carefully tip each quiche out of the cups.