Yogi Parker – KETO Trucker Extraordinaire – who I had the absolute pleasure of having dinner with while he was delivering a huge old truck load of goodies to Connecticut in the Fall of 2018 – has so much cooking-in-a-truck goodness to share that we’ve teamed up to bring his recipes right to your device of choice!
Whether you’re living in a truck, a tiny home, or a regular house, you can benefit from these amazing, innovative recipes! Yogi’s pictures are proof that all of this gourmet goodness happened IN A TRUCK!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 eggs
- 1 pack of bacon chopped in cubes
- 1 pack pre-cooked pork belly
- 2 cups of eggplant cut into bite size cubes
- 2 x 14.5 oz cans of stewed tomatoes
- 1 x 12 oz jar of roasted red peppers
- 10 oz jar of harissa
- 8 oz package of slice mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 jalapeño diced and seeded (optional)
- 2 TBSP chopped garlic
- 1 TSP ground coriander
- 1 TSP paprika
- Green onion
- Sea salt (Use code: carriebrown for 15% discount!)
- Ground black pepper
- Crumbled goat cheese for topping
WHAT YOU DO
- Place skillet over medium heat, place chopped bacon in skillet and cook until done but soft.
- Remove bacon, drain out all but two tablespoons of bacon grease, and reduce heat to low.
- Add garlic and onion, sauté until onions just start becoming translucent.
- Add in bell pepper, mushrooms, bacon and eggplant, sauté for about ten minutes.
- Add roasted red pepper, harissa sauce, tomatoes, parsley coriander and paprika and increase heat to medium.
- Stir to incorporate, and bring to a boil.
- Use a spoon to create little troughs for the eggs and crack an egg into each trough.
- Slice the pork belly into thin strips and layer the strips across the top of the mixture so that they get hot.
- Allow the mixture to simmer until eggs reach desired doneness.
- Sprinkle some crumbled goat cheese, parsley and green onion over the top.
- Remove from heat, and allow to stand for about five minutes, then serve.