10-4 Good Buddy!
Yogi Parker – KETO Trucker Extraordinaire – who I had the absolute pleasure of having dinner with while he was delivering a huge old truck load of goodies to Connecticut the other week – has so much cooking-in-a-truck goodness to share that we’ve teamed up to bring his recipes right to your device of choice!
Whether you’re living in a truck, a tiny home, or a regular house, you can benefit from these amazing, innovative recipes! I’ll format and pretty them up later, but for now just wanted to start getting them to you.
Now Yogi was all worried about his photos – and wondered if I would remake the dishes and shoot them all fancy. Oh heck no! Yogi’s pictures are proof that all of this gourmet goodness happened IN A TRUCK!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 eggs
- 1 pack of bacon chopped in cubes
- 1 pack pre-cooked pork belly
- 2 cups of eggplant cut into bite size cubes
- 2 x 14.5 oz cans of stewed tomatoes
- 1 x 12 oz jar of roasted red peppers
- 10 oz jar of harissa
- 8 oz package of slice mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 jalapeño diced and seeded (optional)
- 2 TBSP chopped garlic
- 1 TSP ground coriander
- 1 TSP paprika
- Green onion
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Crumbled goat cheese for topping
WHAT YOU DO
- Place skillet over medium heat, place chopped bacon in skillet and cook until done but soft.
- Remove bacon, drain out all but two tablespoons of bacon grease, and reduce heat to low.
- Add garlic and onion, sauté until onions just start becoming translucent.
- Add in bell pepper, mushrooms, bacon and eggplant, sauté for about ten minutes.
- Add roasted red pepper, harissa sauce, tomatoes, parsley coriander and paprika and increase heat to medium.
- Stir to incorporate, and bring to a boil.
- Use a spoon to create little troughs for the eggs and crack an egg into each trough.
- Slice the pork belly into thin strips and layer the strips across the top of the mixture so that they get hot.
- Allow the mixture to simmer until eggs reach desired doneness.
- Sprinkle some crumbled goat cheese, parsley and green onion over the top.
- Remove from heat, and allow to stand for about five minutes, then serve.