A couple weeks ago I posted the recipe for a Chicken Meatball Skillet and so many of you were stunned at how good a few simple ingredients could taste with the smallest amount of effort. Well, this Chicken Meatball Salad is – dare I say it – even easier and faster, but won’t leave you feeling like you just ate some boring plate of greens. It’s the second in the series of fast, simple meals that would be perfect for a week night when there’s little time and little energy but you still want a tasty plate of food – and one that doesn’t taste like every other salad you’ve ever had.
This Chicken Meatball Salad is another cheap and convenient dinner win. Whether you are finding the transition to fresh, whole foods expensive or not, no one minds when a delicious dinner comes in under budget! If you are able to shop at somewhere like Costco, Sam’s Club, or a similar wholesale / discount situation, the odds of racking up another budget win are even higher. This would also be a great on-the-go meal – pour the sauce on top and mix up the whole thing up when you’re ready to eat it, or carry the sauce separately in a little mason or other jar.
This Chicken Meatball Salad could not be easier to put together. The longest, hardest part is sauteing the meatballs for a few minutes to crisp up the crust! A bed of shredded lettuce and basil, some beautiful pops of cherry tomatoes, and golden brown chicken meatballs all smothered in a fantastically simple avocado dressing. I keep several packs of these meatballs in the freezer for those times when I haven’t planned and need a fresh and delicious meal. You can easily grab the rest of the ingredients on the way home at any grocery store if you don’t already have them on hand. Shopping will be fast and hassle-free. Boom!
Try a new twist on a quick meal with this Chicken Meatball Salad. It might end up becoming your favorite keto salad yet!
Chicken Meatball Salad
Author: Carrie Brown | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Total time: 20 mins | Serves: 2 – 4
What You Need
- 1 TBSP avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 lb / 450g chicken meatballs (I used these and got them at Costco), cut in half or quarters
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce
- Large bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 4 oz / 110g baby or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup / 4 fl oz. Greek yogurt
- ½ cup / 4 fl oz. guacamole (see top recipes tips below)
- 1 – 2 TBSP almond or other nut milk
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste (Get the best sea salt here and use code: carriebrown for 15% discount!)
What You Do
- Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the cut meatballs over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until they are golden brown. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Shred the lettuce and the fresh basil leaves, toss together and spread on a serving dish or individual plates.
- Spread the chopped tomatoes and browned meatball pieces evenly over the greens.
- Place the Greek yogurt and guacamole in a bowl and beat together well. (See notes for using fresh avocado)
- Add the nut milk of you choice in a quantity to give you your desired consistency and mix well.
- Spoon or pour the avocado dressing over the salad and season with sea salt and ground black pepper.
Top Recipe Tips
- If you want to use fresh avocado instead of guacamole, peel and stone a large avocado and blend with the Greek yogurt in a blender until completely mixed and smooth. Add nut milk until it reaches your desired thickness. You can also buy plain mashed avocado in most grocery stores now so that is another option if you do not have and cannot find an avocado that is at the right stage of ripeness to use. Avocados freeze very well, so if you end up with too much you can just freeze in an airtight container for future use.
- Check out the Ingredients Guide for information on ingredients.
- Where Are The Macros and Nutritional Info?
Helpful Cooking and Recipe Links
- More chicken recipes and more salad recipes
- Come laugh and learn with us over at The Kitchen Podcast
- Come hang out in The Keto Kitchen Facebook Group
- For lots more great recipes check out our scrumptious cookbooks!
- Check out the categories and tags at the top of the post to help you find more recipes using certain ingredients or from certain categories.
- Discounts on great keto products and resources.
Podcast Episodes and You Tube Videos
- Don’t. Just buy the correct ingredients and you, too, shall have a fabulous outcome!
- For dairy-free you can use mayonnaise instead of Greek Yogurt. You may need more nut milk to get the right consistency.