Yogi Parker – KETO Trucker Extraordinaire – who I had the absolute pleasure of having dinner with while he was delivering a huge old truck load of goodies to Connecticut in the Fall of 2018 – has so much cooking-in-a-truck goodness to share that we’ve teamed up to bring his recipes right to your device of choice! And today he’s serving up Seafood Scampi!
Whether you’re living in a truck, a tiny home, or a regular house, you can benefit from these amazing, innovative recipes! All of this gourmet goodness happened IN A TRUCK!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp
- ¼ lb of scallops
- ¼ lb of salmon, cut into cubes
- 2 sticks / 8 oz. butter
- ½ cup extra dry vermouth
- 1 large lemon
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 TBSP avocado oil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt (Use code: carriebrown for 15% discount!)
- Ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Flat-leaf parsley
WHAT YOU DO
- Take two cloves of garlic, and grate it on a fine greater.
- Add grated garlic and avocado oil to seafood, mix well.
- Cover and place into refrigerator to marinate for at least one hour, but preferably over night.
- Crush and slice thin remaining garlic.
- If using stove, heat pan on medium high, if using electric skillet, set initial temp to about 350.
- Lightly sear seafood in skillet, careful not to cook all the way, just until starting to become opaque.
- Use tongs to turn the seafood, about a minute on each side.
- Remove seafood from heat and place in separate bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium low, or about 200 degrees on electric skillet.
- Add in vermouth and de-glaze pan.
- Add butter and garlic.
- Sauté for about a minute then add lemon juice.
- Add seafood back in, season with cayenne, salt, pepper to taste.
- Sauté for about five minutes.
- Serve over squash noodles, steamed cauliflower rice or a nice steak for a great surf and turf.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan and chopped parsley leaves.