This Roast Chicken Casserole is a magical recipe to have in your back pocket. Eat this hot or cold, any time of day, on-the-go or sitting at your kitchen table. Think Chicken Pot Pie without the pastry or the work.
Make it ahead of time and bake when you need it or bake it, chill it, and use in your lunchbox. Reheat in the office microwave and enjoy it at your desk warm. You get the idea. This Roast Chicken Casserole fits all the bills all the time.
Make a baking dish full of this Roast Chicken Casserole, or use individual dishes or silicone muffin cups and you won’t even have to cut and portion it! Serve it on its own, with a pile of exciting lettuce, or your favorite salad. Serve it hot with some steamed asparagus on the side. Or broccoli. Or whatever your favorite non-starchy vegetable happens to be.
You can change the macros simply by using non-fat, low-fat, regular, or full-fat cottage cheese. Use whichever fits your needs and goals, and change it up as your needs change down the road.
I love this recipe for its simplicity and versatility. If I wasn’t making up new recipes all the time this would for sure be on my weekly rotation! Simple, easy, delicious low carb keto grub. #BOOM
Roast Chicken Casserole
Author: Carrie Brown | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 40 mins | Total time: 50 mins | Serves: 6
What You Need
- coconut oil spray or avocado oil spray
- 1lb / 450g roasted chicken, chopped
- 6 oz. / 225g leeks, finely chopped
- 3 oz / 55g celery, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1 cup / 8 fl oz. cottage cheese
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
What You Do
- Spray a 7 x 11″ / 4 pint / 2 quart baking dish with coconut oil or avocado oil.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken, leeks, celery, parsley, tarragon, and cottage cheese together.
- Spread the chicken mixture evenly in the baking dish.
- In the bowl, whisk the eggs well.
- Pour the eggs evenly over the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan evenly over the surface.
- Carefully place the baking dish in the oven.
- Bake at 375 F for 40 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a skewer poked into the middle comes out clean.
Top Recipe Tips
- Buying pre-roasted, chopped chicken makes light work when you have no time.
- Vary the fats by using fat-free, low-fat, regular or full-fat cottage cheese, depending on your goals, progress, and macro needs.
- Prepare before you go to bed, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, then bake the next day to enjoy it hot.
- Keeps very well in the ‘fridge when stored in an airtight container.
- Check out the Ingredients Guide for information on ingredients.
- Where Are The Macros and Nutritional Info?
Helpful Cooking and Recipe Links
- More chicken recipes
- Come laugh and learn with us over at The Kitchen Podcast
- Come hang out in The Keto Kitchen Facebook Group
- For lots more great recipes check out our scrumptious cookbooks!
- Check out the categories and tags at the bottom of the post to help you find more recipes using certain ingredients or from certain categories.
Podcast Episodes and You Tube Videos
- Don’t. Just buy the correct ingredients and you, too, shall have a fabulous outcome!
- Swap out the leeks for white or yellow onions if you can’t find leeks or they are out-of-season and expensive. The flavor of the casserole will be different.
- Vary the fat amount by using non-fat, low-fat, regular, or full-fat cottage cheese.