This All Day Breakfast Hash was inspired by all of you lovely people who wrote to tell me how you loved my Creamy Sausage Stuffing (from the Keto for the Holidays Cookbook) heated up for breakfast with an egg on top. I could paper the walls of my office I’ve had so many comments and emails and texts to that effect. Y’all love that stuffing. Thank you for loving that stuffing. It makes the holidays that much healthier. Not to mention more delicious. Because who needs bread in our stuffing?? NOT US!
Anyway, back to the All Day Breakfast Hash. It’s simple, it’s easy, and it’s delicious. All the things you want in your busy, healthy life. The only minor challenge with this recipe is getting all the eggs ready at the same time so everyone can eat together. That makes this a perfect solution if your family tends to wander down for breakfast at different times – make the hash and keep it covered in the warm pan on the stove top. Then, as your tribe wander up to the table, fry them an egg and hey presto! Hot, fresh breakfast for everyone!
OK, time for a confession. Fired eggs aren’t my favorite. Scrambled eggs have my heart, except when it comes to dishes like this, and then poached eggs win the day for me. I have always loved poached eggs, but it was recently rekindled with the arrival of a new kitchen gadget that was gifted to me by a very dear ex-friend. Losing friends is tough, but at least I still have this magical egg poacher in my life. I do not use the word ‘magical’ lightly. This thing makes perfect poached eggs. Just ask Dr. Ken Berry and his wife Neisha who have enjoyed many a poached egg at my kitchen counter out of this glorious little device. If you like poached eggs you need one of these.
I digress. I got waylaid by the thought of perfectly poached eggs. The point was that I’d totally do poached eggs instead of fried on this All Day Breakfast Hash, and if you have one of those magical egg poachers then you can totally serve this dish of awesome to everyone all at the same time.
The hash also reheats really well, so you can also make the hash the night before and then just reheat it while you make the eggs in the morning. Or whatever time you break your fast. Or right before dinner.
All Day Breakfast Hash
Author: Carrie Brown | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Total time: 30 mins | Serves: 6
What You Need
- 1.5 lbs. / 675g ground pork
- 8 oz. / 225g bacon, chopped
- 1 lb. / 450g riced cauliflower
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 4 oz. / 110g cream cheese
- 8 oz. / 225g mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 6 eggs
What You Do
- Sauté the ground pork and the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up the ground pork as it cooks.
- As soon as the meats are no longer pink, add the cauliflower rice and dried thyme and stir well.
- Continue sautéing the meat mixture until the ground pork is browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese until completely melted and combined and then stir in the sliced mushrooms and sea salt.
- Sauté for one more minute and then turn the heat off and cover the pan.
- In a separate skillet, fry the eggs.
- Place the hash on warmed plates and top with a fried egg.
Top Recipe Tips
- Use poached eggs instead of fried if that’s your thing. Use a magical egg poacher to have all 6 eggs ready at once.
- Dried sage would also be good in this in place of the dried thyme. I would double the amount if you do that.
- Check out the Ingredients Guide for information on ingredients.
- Where Are The Macros and Nutritional Info?
Helpful Cooking and Recipe Links
- More pork recipes
- Come laugh and learn with us over at The Kitchen Podcast
- Come hang out in The Keto Kitchen Facebook Group
- For lots more great recipes check out our scrumptious cookbooks!
- Check out the categories and tags at the bottom of the post to help you find more recipes using certain ingredients or from certain categories.
Podcast Episodes and You Tube Videos
- Don’t. Just buy the correct ingredients and you, too, shall have a fabulous outcome!