Uh-oh, there goes another white t-shirt. 1 month into 2013 and 2 white t-shirts have bitten the dust. This one got hit with an attack of the cocoa powder; plus some red food coloring, just to make it more interesting. And no, I do not use red food coloring – I was in the process of throwing it away. Just thought I’d clear that up right out the gate. One of these days I hope I can remember not to wear a white t-shirt when I am cleaning out cupboards in the kitchen, or eating anything drippy. At this rate my white t-shirt budget will be higher than my almond flour budget, and baby, that’s big. Luckily, you don’t need much budget to make these Cinnamon Pecan Muffins.
I have something here for you to get all googly-eyed over. I’ll give you a clue. It’s a muffin. A whole batch, in fact, of Cinnamon Pecan Muffins.
I thought it only fitting to add a muffin recipe to this post, because there certainly ain’t no muffin tops anywhere else on this page. Plus, I promised you muffins last weekend, and muffins you shall have. These are probably my most thrilling experiment with baked goods yet. I still can’t quite believe it when I eat one. If you didn’t know this was a healthy muffin, you’d never guess this was a healthy muffin. These Cinnamon Pecan Muffins are all KETO and LowCarb goodness.
It looks just like a regular muffin. And by golly, it tastes just like a terribly tasty regular muffin. When I took these into the office earlier in the week they were met with an enormous amount of muffin love. Everyone is still really confused about how they can possibly be wheat-, gluten-, grain-, sugar-, dairy- and added fat free, but that didn’t stop them swooning once they’d eaten one. And demanding the recipe. Repeatedly. Oh, and did I mention fast and easy to make? These Cinnamon Pecan Muffins are really fast and easy to make.
Here, have some Cinnamon Pecan Muffins and rejoice the day you discovered what healthy really meant. And that you can eat more and exercise less and yet be healthier and slimmer than ever.
I bet you are SO ready for that!
Cinnamon Pecan Muffins
Author: Carrie Brown | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Total time: 40 mins | Serves: 12
What You Need
- Coconut oil spray or avocado oil spray
- 1/2 oz / 15g chia seeds
- ½ oz / 15g raw shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 oz / 28g unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 oz / 110g almond flour (blanched ground almonds)
- ½ oz / 15g ground flax seeds
- 1 oz / 28g almond meal (NOT ground almonds / almond flour)
- ½ oz / 15g vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 oz / 55g xylitol
- 4 oz / 110g pecans, chopped
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup / 6 fl oz. COLD water
What You Do
- Spray 12 silicone muffins cups with coconut oil and place them in a muffin pan.
- In a coffee grinder, grind the chia, sunflower seeds and coconut well.
- Tip the ground seed mixture into a mixing bowl (preferably one with a pouring lip) and add the almond flour, ground flax seeds, almond meal, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, xylitol, and pecans and mix all together well.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs and cold water together.
- Add the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir well until completely mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cups, stopping a little short of full.
- Bake the muffins in the center of the oven at 325F for 30 minutes, until golden brown on the top.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes until you can handle the silicone cups.
- Turn each cup top down in one hand, and using the other hand gently squeeze the sides of the cup all the way round until the sides release and the muffin pops out. Be gentle.
- Place each muffin on a cooling rack to cool.
Top Recipe Tips
- You can replace the protein powder with the same amount of egg white powder. If you do this, add 1 tsp. vanilla extract and an extra TBSP of xylitol.
- Check out the Ingredients Guide for information on ingredients.
- Where Are The Macros and Nutritional Info?
Helpful Cooking and Recipe Links
- Come laugh and learn with us over at The Kitchen Podcast
- Come hang out in The Keto Kitchen Facebook Group
- For lots more great recipes check out our scrumptious cookbooks!
Podcast Episodes and Videos