Thought you couldn’t have Chocolate Milk anymore because you’re KETO? Think again, lovely readers! Whether this is a favorite childhood drink, or a favorite adult cooler in the summer, this KETO Chocolate Milk is gonna be the best Chocolate Milk you’ve ever tasted.
Not only can you mix up a glass to have right now, but there is a recipe for a batch of chocolate syrup that you can make ahead and keep in the fridge so you can get a glass of Instant Chocolate Milk, well, instantly.
You could also warm this up to make an easy Hot Chocolate. If you want a thicker drink, follow the directions in the Top Recipe Tips below. If this isn’t a rich or thick enough Hot Chocolate for you, our KETO Beverage Cookbook has a whole slew of amazing Hot Chocolate Recipes in that will make your taste buds feel all the chocolate joy. The KETO Beverage Cookbook also includes 101 delicious KETO lattes, teas, infused waters, frozen drinks, yogurt drinks, sodas, mocktails, and more! You need never endure the expense or sugar rush of beverages again.
Now go revel in your youth!
Author: Carrie Brown | Prep time: 2 mins | Cook time: 1 mins | Total time: 3 mins | Serves: 1 – 2
What You Need
- 2 TBSP raw unsweetened, cocoa powder
- 1 TBSP xylitol OR erythritol
- 1/4 cup / 2 fl oz. boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups / 12 fl oz. chilled milk of your choice – almond, coconut, hemp, hazelnut *(see tips below)
What You Do
- In a large glass mix the cocoa powder and the xylitol OR erythritol.
- Boil a small amount of water in a kettle or microwave.
- Pour the 1/4 cup / 2 fl oz. boiling water onto the cocoa mixture and stir very well until it is completely smooth. This may take a minute – keep stirring!
- Once the cocoa syrup is smooth, pour in the ice-cold milk of your choice and stir well.
- Enjoy a nice cold glass of serious cocoa and healthy fat goodness!
If you want to make a jar of chocolate syrup so you can make instant chocolate milk, here’s how:
In a Mason Jar or Le Parfait jar, mix the cocoa powder and xylitol or erythritol together well. Boil 2 cups water in a kettle or microwave. Pour the water into the cocoa mixture and mix well until the cocoa powder is completely dissolved and the syrup is smooth. Once the syrup has cooled, cover and store in the ‘fridge.
To make a large glass of chocolate milk:
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 1/2 cups milk of your choice
- In a large glass mix the chocolate syrup and the ice-cold milk.
Top Recipe Tips
- If you have powdered xylitol or erythritol on hand you can use that and save yourself a bit of heavy stirring.
- If you like your Chocolate Milk a little thicker, pour it in a blender and tap 1/4 tsp. guar gum through the lid of the blender while it’s running on low speed. Blend for 30 seconds, pour and enjoy!
- If you want more fat or prefer a super creamy Chocolate Milk, you can replace 1/4 cup / 2 fl oz. of the nut milk with heavy cream.
- Check out the Ingredients Guide for information on ingredients.
Helpful Cooking and Recipe Links
- More chocolate recipes
- KETO Beverages Cookbook
- Laugh and learn with us over at The Kitchen Podcast
- Come hang out in The Keto Kitchen Facebook Group
- For lots more great recipes check out our scrumptious cookbooks!