Yogi Parker – KETO Trucker Extraordinaire – who I had the absolute pleasure of having dinner with while he was delivering a huge old truck load of goodies to Connecticut in the Fall of 2018 – has so much cooking-in-a-truck goodness to share that we’ve teamed up to bring his recipes right to your device of choice!
Whether you’re living in a truck, a tiny home, or a regular house, you can benefit from these amazing, innovative recipes! Yogi’s pictures are proof that all of this gourmet goodness happened IN A TRUCK!
So, I was stuck at a terminal for a couple days for a class and physical, and decided to get out of the truck and increase my elbow room for some cooking. I love one skillet dishes for their convenience , but sometimes you just gotta have a multi course meal.
I wanted to make a nice creamy mashed cauliflower that had a consistency closer to mashed potatoes, so I went a custurd-ish route to give the cauliflower a thicker heartier texture.
- 24 oz of riced cauliflower (2 bags)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of bone broth
- Three egg yolks
- 5 oz shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 1/2 oz fresh chives chopped
- 1 oz fresh parsley chopped
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
WHAT YOU DO
- Place a medium saucepan on low heat, add butter, then garlic and sauté the garlic for about two minutes.
- Add in the cauliflower, and the heavy whipping cream and bone broth stir to incorporate and then allow to simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and use a stick blender to blend smooth.
- Temper in the egg yolks so that they do not curdle. Stir in the cheese, then chives and parsley, salt and pepper to taste, return to heat and simmer while stirring frequently for about five more minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for about five to ten minutes to allow the mixture to firm up a bit before serving.
It will have a thick enough texture to create a little bowl to hold some gravy or butter.