Yogi Parker – KETO Trucker Extraordinaire – who I had the absolute pleasure of having dinner with while he was delivering a huge old truck load of goodies to Connecticut in the Fall of 2018 – has so much cooking-in-a-truck goodness to share that we’ve teamed up to bring his recipes right to your device of choice!
Whether you’re living in a truck, a tiny home, or a regular house, you can benefit from these amazing, innovative recipes! Yogi’s pictures are proof that all of this gourmet goodness happened IN A TRUCK!
So, I was stuck at a terminal for a couple days for a class and physical, and decided to get out of the truck and increase my elbow room for some cooking. I love one skillet dishes for their convenience , but sometimes you just gotta have a multi course meal.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 large eggplant cut into cubes
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter or bacon grease
- A dash teaspoon of coconut aminos
- Coarse sea salt (Use code: carriebrown for 15% discount!)
WHAT YOU DO
- Eggplant has a lot of water in it and can get mushy when cooked. We don’t want this, so we gotta get rid of some water in order for the eggplant to maintain a firmer texture when cooked. After you slice up the eggplant, toss it liberally with some coarse salt, then place the eggplant in a colander suspended in a mixing bowl. Allow the eggplant to sit for about an hour and the salt will pull out a lot of the moisture in the eggplant.
- Place a skillet over medium high heat, add in oil and butter or bacon grease.
- Allow the oil to get hot, then add onion, bell pepper and eggplant.
- Stir fry until onions start to become translucent, add in garlic, coconut aminos and garlic and continue to stir fry for about a minute.
- Serve and enjoy!
Also on the plate: