Sometimes you just want a darn good chili, especially on a cool or cold day. Or you want a chili dog or chili burger while watching the game. As a trucker, you don’t always have a lot of time for prep and cooking, but you always want something that is delicious and sticks to the ribs. Here is a quick down-and-dirty chili recipe that is hearty and filling, and the addition of a few special ingredients really adds some extra dimension of flavor. I give you Dark Chocolate Chili Mole.
Dark Chocolate Chili Mole
Author: Yogi Parker| Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Total time: 45 mins | Serves: 6 – 8
What You Need
- 1lb / 450g bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2lbs / 900g ground beef
- 3 TBSP chile powder
- 2 TBSP 100% cocoa powder
- 1 TBSP chipotle powder
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste (Get the best sea salt here and use code: carriebrown for 15% discount!)
- 2 cups / 1 pint beef stock or beef bone broth
- 6 oz / 170g tomato paste
- 14.5 oz / 400g diced stewed tomatoes
- 8 oz / 225g roasted green chiles
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeño or favorite hot pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
What You Do
- Chop the bacon into pieces approximately the size of a quarter and brown in a skillet.
- Remove bacon into a bowl and drain off most of the grease from the pan, leaving just enough to sauté with.
- Sauté the onion until translucent and set aside with the bacon.
- Sauté the beef and when it just begins to brown, add the bacon and onion back, then add all the seasonings and stir well to incorporate.
- Add the bone broth / beef stock, tomato paste, tomatoes, the rest of the veggies and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir to incorporate well and season again with salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about twenty minutes, stirring occasionally.
Top Recipe Tips
- If you don’t like spicy, omit the jalapeño, but if you like spicy, add more jalapeños or a spicier pepper of your choice.
- Omitting the bacon and adding chorizo will give you a different flavor.
- Check out the Ingredients Guide for information on ingredients.
- Where Are The Macros and Nutritional Info?
Helpful Cooking and Recipe Links
- More beef recipes
- Come laugh and learn with us over at The Kitchen Podcast
- Come hang out in The Keto Kitchen Facebook Group
- For lots more great recipes check out our scrumptious cookbooks!
- Check out the categories and tags at the top of the post to help you find more recipes using certain ingredients or from certain categories.
- Discounts on great keto products and resources.
Podcast Episodes and You Tube Videos
- Don’t. Just buy the correct ingredients and you, too, shall have a fabulous outcome!
- You an use ground bison instead of beef.