Yogi Parker – KETO Trucker Extraordinaire – who I had the absolute pleasure of having dinner with while he was delivering a huge old truck load of goodies to Connecticut in the Fall of 2018 – has so much cooking-in-a-truck goodness to share that we’ve teamed up to bring his recipes right to your device of choice!
Whether you’re living in a truck, a tiny home, or a regular house, you can benefit from these amazing, innovative recipes! Yogi’s pictures are proof that all of this gourmet goodness happened IN A TRUCK!
Please enjoy Yogi’s unabridged, unedited recipes in all their glory! You can join Yogi and I in the Keto Kitchen Facebook Group, or over on Patreon. Come hang!
Used a George Foreman Grill with baking tray interchangeable plate.
WHAT YOU NEED
For the base:
- 2lbs ground beef
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 8 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 TBSP rough chopped garlic
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 1 TBSP of Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup of chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
For the topping:
- 8oz whole milk mozzarella pearls
- 1 jar of Rao’s marinara or other Keto friendly pasta sauce
- Your favorite pizza toppings
- optional additions: chili pepper flake, more garlic if you want
WHAT YOU DO
- Put meat, egg, garlic, seasoning, 1/8 cup of pasta sauce, 1 cup of Parmesan, coconut flour and onion in mixing bowl.
- Mix all together meat loaf style. I lined my baking tray with aluminum foil to make it easier to clean (dirty dishes suck in the truck) and gave it a nice coating of butter to prevent sticking.
- Place the meat mix in the baking tray and spread it out evenly.
- Put in GFG (George Foreman Grill) and bake on 350 for fifteen minutes. If there is a lot of fat that cooks out, drain it off. Save it, it’s great for over stuff like gravy or mixing with bone broth. Good potassium source.
- Spoon enough pasta sauce over meat to cover it, then place the mozzarella pearls over in fairly even spread so that it will cover the meat when it melts.
- Put the rest of the grated Parmesan on.
- Add whatever pizza toppings you want, for this one I did pepperoni, sliced garlic, bell pepper, green olives, pickled pepper rings, fresh basil leaves and chopped up bacon.
- Return to GFG and cook for about 8 minutes at 350.
- Remove tray from heat, let stand for about five minutes, portion and serve.
Serving size amount of servings varies depending on on how hungry you are.
Royce WilliamsCARRIE… I stumbled onto your keto web site a short while ago and really like it, so I’ve shared a couple of your recipes with my FB keto group. I’m writing to tell you that I returned to “The Real Carrie Brown” this evening to snag another great Carrie recipe and discovered Yogi Parker in the process. What a surprise… and what an inspiration!
So, tomorrow KDP members will meet Yogi via his Meatza dish. More than posting a recipe, I wanted to share with my members that if Yogi can do keto in a truck cab, anyone can do keto. This man epitomizes commitment!
I tried to paste a screen shot of tomorrow’s “Yogi post” on KDP, but it wouldn’t past. Sorry. :>(
I look forward to more great recipes by Carrie Brown.
All the best to you (and Yogi!),
Royce Williams/KDP Administrator
Royce WilliamsCarrie… I hope you review comments before they go public. It was not my intention to post something about my FB group for others to see. Honest, I’m not trying to promote KDP on your web site.
I am so sorry. I just wanted to let you and Yogi know that I’m promoting your delightful story to my keto group for inspiration. I was shocked when I saw that it was immediately posted for your followers to see.
As you can tell, I’m not that savvy on social media. I’m still figuring out how to do things in my FB group.
Please delete my message entirely and just keep it private. I sincerely apologize.