Yogi Parker – KETO Trucker Extraordinaire – who I had the absolute pleasure of having dinner with while he was delivering a huge old truck load of goodies to Connecticut in the Fall of 2018 – has so much cooking-in-a-truck goodness to share that we’ve teamed up to bring his recipes right to your device of choice!
Whether you’re living in a truck, a tiny home, or a regular house, you can benefit from these amazing, innovative recipes! Yogi’s pictures are proof that all of this gourmet goodness happened IN A TRUCK!
WHAT YOU NEED
For the base:
- 2lbs ground beef
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 8 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 TBSP rough chopped garlic
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 1 TBSP of Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup of chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
For the topping:
- 8oz whole milk mozzarella pearls
- 1 jar of Rao’s marinara or other Keto friendly pasta sauce
- Your favorite pizza toppings
- optional additions: chili pepper flake, more garlic if you want
WHAT YOU DO
- Put meat, egg, garlic, seasoning, 1/8 cup of pasta sauce, 1 cup of Parmesan, coconut flour and onion in mixing bowl.
- Mix all together meat loaf style. I lined my baking tray with aluminum foil to make it easier to clean (dirty dishes suck in the truck) and gave it a nice coating of butter to prevent sticking.
- Place the meat mix in the baking tray and spread it out evenly.
- Put in GFG (George Foreman Grill) and bake on 350 for fifteen minutes. If there is a lot of fat that cooks out, drain it off. Save it, it’s great for over stuff like gravy or mixing with bone broth. Good potassium source.
- Spoon enough pasta sauce over meat to cover it, then place the mozzarella pearls over in fairly even spread so that it will cover the meat when it melts.
- Put the rest of the grated Parmesan on.
- Add whatever pizza toppings you want, for this one I did pepperoni, sliced garlic, bell pepper, green olives, pickled pepper rings, fresh basil leaves and chopped up bacon.
- Return to GFG and cook for about 8 minutes at 350.
- Remove tray from heat, let stand for about five minutes, portion and serve.
Serving size amount of servings varies depending on on how hungry you are.