Is it a pizza? Is it a frittata? Is it a tart? No! It’s a Baked Cheese and Bacon Pie! Because when you’re KETO, sometimes a plate of bacon and eggs – however delicious – can get a little old.
This Baked Cheese and Bacon Pie, on the other hand, rolls those beloved KETO staples into one fast, easy, delicious slice that you can eat at any time of day whether you’re at home, at work, or even on the road. Eat it hot, eat it cold, eat it on it’s own, eat it with a bunch of exciting lettuce, or your favorite vegetably things. Or a sliced avocado if you want more fat involved in the proceedings.
Make it the day before and bake it the day of, or make and bake in one go and serve it up hot from the oven. This might just become your go-to home-run hit that all the family loves!
I bet you have all the things for this in your fridge right now. Well, except maybe the cottage cheese, but that’s a quick swing by the store while you’re out and about.
Sling this together before you head out the door, cover with plastic wrap, and pop in the fridge. Then slide it in the oven as you get home so you can focus on everything else – or nothing at all – while your meal is merrily cooking itself.
Bacon and egg has never been so versatile!
Baked Cheese and Bacon Pie
Author: Carrie Brown | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 1 hour | Total time: 1 hour 10 mins | Serves: 4
What You Need
- Coconut oil spray or avocado oil spray
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup/ 2 fl oz. heavy cream
- ¼ cup/ 2 fl oz. water
- 4 oz. / 110g bacon, cooked and roughly chopped or crumbled
- 8 oz. / 225g riced cauliflower
- 4 oz. / 110g mozzarella, grated
- 4 oz. / 110g full fat cottage cheese
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ oz. / 55g scallions (green / spring onions)
- Ground black pepper
- 1 oz. / 30g Cheddar cheese, grated
What You Do
- Spray a baking dish with coconut oil or avocado oil, and pre-heat oven to 325F / 165C.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, cream, and water very well and then stir in the chopped bacon, cauliflower, grated mozzarella, cottage cheese, dried oregano, onions and pepper and mix well until completely combined.
- Pour mixture into greased baking dish. I used a 9″ dish, but it doesn’t really matter if it’s a bit bigger or smaller – it will just be a bit thicker or thinner if you do. Sprinkle with grated Cheddar.
- Bake at 325 F for 50 – 60 minutes until golden brown.
Top Recipe Tips
- You can make this the night before, cover and keep in the ‘fridge and bake in the morning.
- Either use pre-riced cauliflower from the store, or easily rice a head of (raw) cauliflower in your food processor.
- If you usually buy shredded mozzarella from the store, check for any starches that are typically added to stop the shreds from sticking together. I recommend buying a block of mozzarella and grating it yourself at home to avoid the whole starch filler issue altogether. Same goes for the shredded Cheddar.
- You can lower the fat by using fat-free or low-fat cottage cheese, and / or your preferred nut milk instead of the heavy cream.
- Check out the Ingredients Guide for information on ingredients.
- Where Are The Macros and Nutritional Info?
Helpful Cooking and Recipe Links
- More egg recipes
- More pork recipes
- Come laugh and learn with us over at The Kitchen Podcast
- Come hang out in The Keto Kitchen Facebook Group
- For lots more great recipes check out our scrumptious cookbooks!
- Don’t. Just buy the correct ingredients and you, too, shall have a fabulous outcome!
- You can swap in any form of pork you prefer for the bacon.
- This can’t be made dairy-free because of all the various forms of cheese.