I’ve decided that, as much as I love cooking, there just cannot be enough super-simple, super-fast, weeknight dinners in our back pockets. These Creamy Tomato Chicken Meatballs have just become part of my a-million-things-you-can-do-with-meatballs series. I’m a long way from a million, but this will make #4 and there’s a bunch more coming.
I love these chicken meatballs: they are super-clean ingredients, keto, can be bought in bulk and stashed in the freezer for any day you just don’t have the time or energy for anything other than the basics – but you still want delicious.
Given their versatility I challenged myself to make a whole slew of recipes using them that were all completely different from each other, so you can eat chicken meatballs for 2 weeks straight and feel like you had 14 totally different meals.
This is a very simple and easy recipe. Honestly, these Creamy Tomato Chicken Meatballs are more assembly than cooking – and there ain’t not one jot of shame in that. If you can get a delicious dinner on the table with a handful of ingredients, the minimum of time and effort, and on a small budget I call that a huge win!
Your friends and family will never believe this is ‘diet’ food either, so make a pot full and invite everyone over! Perfect for Game Day and a potluck, as well as a family dinner or working lunch that everyone will love, these Creamy Tomato Chicken Meatballs should definitely be in your recipe back pocket.
This creamy tomato sauce is super simple and can be used as your go-to tomato sauce for other recipes, too. You could even make up a large pan of sauce (with or without the bacon), freeze it in 1 or 2 cup portions and use it for making really fast dinners another night. If you have heavy cream that is on it’s last legs or almond milk that needs to be used up, making a big old pan of this sauce and freezing it for use later will stop you wasting food as well as making later meal prep a breeze! Imagine getting a packet of meatballs and a tub of sauce out of the freezer before you head to work, then just tossing them in a pan and reheating them together when you get home. Fastest, tastiest dinner ever!
Creamy Tomato Chicken Meatballs
Author: Carrie Brown | Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Total time: 25 mins
What You Need
- 1 lb / 450g bacon
- 1 cup / 8 fl oz. almond milk
- 1 cup / 8 fl oz. heavy cream
- 3 TBSP tomato paste
- ground black pepper
- 2 lbs / 900g chicken meatballs (I used these)
- 2 TBSP fresh oregano, finely chopped
What You Do
- Cut bacon into bite-sized pieces (I use kitchen shears to do this) and saute in a large skillet over medium heat until cooked.
- Carefully drain off the excess bacon fat into a heat-proof container.
- Add the almond milk, heavy cream, tomato paste, and ground black pepper to the bacon in the skillet and stir well until all the ingredients are completely combined. DO NOT ADD ANY SALT.
- Add the meatballs, stir until covered in sauce and heat until the sauce comes to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes until the meatballs are completely heated through and the other ingredients have reduced to a thick sauce.
- Stir in the finely chopped oregano and spoon into dishes or onto plates.
Top Recipe Tips
- The meatballs are already seasoned and the tomato paste and bacon have enough salt without adding any extra. If you add salt to the recipe you will have a very salty dinner. If you do like salty food then wait until the end of cooking and taste before adding any additional salt. Or just salt your own plate.
- You can also use beef or pork meatballs for this recipe if that is what you have on hand or prefer. Look for the cleanest meatballs you can find.
- Check out the Ingredients Guide for information on ingredients.
- Where Are The Macros and Nutritional Info?
Helpful Cooking and Recipe Links
- More pork recipes
- Come laugh and learn with us over at The Kitchen Podcast
- Come hang out in The Keto Kitchen Facebook Group
- For lots more great recipes check out our scrumptious cookbooks!
- Check out the categories and tags at the top of the post to help you find more recipes using certain ingredients or from certain categories.
- Discounts on great keto products and resources.
Podcast Episodes and You Tube Videos
- Watch Yogi’s Cooking Videos
- Watch Carrie’s Cooking Videos
- Watch the Cooking Tips and Tricks Videos
- How and Why to Measure Food
- Where Are The Macros and Nutritional Info?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! YOU MAKE ALL THINGS POSSIBLE.
There *may* be an affiliate link or two in this post and I *may* receive a small commission from qualifying purchases in order to provide free content for you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.